Sunday, December 7, 2008

String Theory


My Aunt Sarah came to visit me last week from Maine. At first I though, "What's going on!?" then I knew, it was my auntie.

She brought me a present. It's pretty rainbow-sherbet-colored string made of bamboo.

If you don't already know, I'm a bit of a string connoisseur. The thinner the string, the better, I say, but this bamboo string might be my favorite kind so far.

What's the thinnest of stings, you might ask? It's human hair. I find it on the bathroom floor all the time or sometimes I steal it out of the trash can when Mom throws hers away.
Second thinnest is thread, which oftentimes escapes from the hemlines of people's clothes. I find it on the floor and sometimes I accidentally eat it. Mom doesn't like that, she usually takes thread away from me.

Contrariwise, twine can be quite entertaining.
It has a different sort of flow as it glides through the air and into my grasp. It's also good for shredding.

This bamboo sting is most soft, however. Sometimes I just gather it in a pile and rub my face on it. It smells like Aunt Sarah. Maybe one day I will see my cousin Agatha again.

--Jazpurr

No comments: