Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You must remember this, a cross-eyed kiss is still a kiss

I've got a girlfriend! Well, that is, I know I said Jean-Tom was my girlfriend before now, but it's official--she kissed me.
So the other day Jean-Tom was outside my door getting some dinner from Mom. Mom let me go out the door and I was so cool. I just casually was checking out the porch and I was like "hey." She didn't audibly respond, but she looked at me and I could see what she wanted to say in those golden crossed eyes: "hey."
So then Meg started hissing at her from inside and totally killed the mood so Jean-Tom left and I returned inside, but whined at Mom to let me back out.

Later that day...
Jean-Tom was back for more food. The sun had set and the moon was a glow around her. Ahhhh.
Anyway, Mom let me go outside again. This time I was more confident. I walked right up to her and we compared nose smells. Then, she rubbed her face against mine. Wowza! But then I was like, hey, I'm the man here, I'm supposed to make the first move.
So I opened my mouth like I was hissing at her but without the sound. I did this so she would do the same and I could see how old she is by her teeth. She's younger than me. Not a problem.
So then we started walking down the porch and I decided I wanted to see what her world is like and headed down the steps. At that point Mom freaked out and chased after me. I made it to the front sidewalk before I decided this might not be a good idea. I was promptly chased inside and spanked.

New development...
This morning Jean-Tom and her brothers were eating breakfast and Mom opened the door for me. I didn't want to go out because I'd rather hang with Jean-Tom when her bros aren't around.
Anyway, Cheese and Crackers -- Jean-Tom's brother and former lover/baby daddy -- gave me the once over and voiced approval. We compared nose smells and then he made some horrible talking noises and tried to come inside. I hissed at him a couple times because I didn't really want him entering my home.

So it's official. I've got brotherly consent to date Jean-Tom. Hopefully she'll give me a photo to post here for your enjoyment.

--Jazpurr

No comments: