Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The passing of the wise one

A good friend of mine died last week. Reilly Jo Reilly died Monday, April 13, after complications from a possible blood clot. He would have been 11 next month.
Reilly was Mom's first son, my half brother. He went by many names. You might have known him as:
  • Roo Kaboo
  • Rooley
  • Buddah
  • Joyce
  • Morbidly Obese

Nevertheless, Riley taught me about my Mom when I was just a wee pup. Here are some photos.

This is Riley kicking me in the face.
This is me saying, "hey, quit kicking me in the face."
Reilly was a friendly sight when I returned to the wooded home. He was the most peaceful and loving cat I've ever known. I only wish I could be that open. He feared nothing because he believed everyone loved him--and they did.
I liked to hiss at Riley because he was bigger than I could make myself look. No one intimidates Blue Steel.
He was the mascot of Lacey's Landing barn. He was black and white and loved all over.

--Jazpurr and Meg

4 comments:

Daryll Collins said...

I was sorry to heart about Riley. He was such a sweet boy! I'll always remember him peeking in the front door window wanting to come inside.

Daryll Collins said...

I meant "hear" about Riley.

Unknown said...

:( sorry, maury. i didn't even know him, but now i miss him.

Missy said...

That was a good post. It's weird he is gone. I always just expect him to be there :(